The Dolphin PartMaster Wire EDM (Wire Erosion Module) is a specialized program preparation system for 2 and 4 axis Wire EDM machines. Geometry can be created in a PartMaster CAD drawing, DXF, IGES or STEP file, therefore requiring no learning of a programming language. Wire EDM can cut 2 axis profiles, tapered profiles, and full 4 axis profiles, it will automatically generate lead-in lead-out cuts to avoid “start pips”. Defining multiple passes is simplicity itself, just specify the number of passes and the offset amounts and the system will generate a complete program with all associated G41/G42 commands and generator settings. Software prices are for permanent licenses. We do not charge a yearly subscription fee for the use of our software.
Wire EDM Features & Functions:
- Full Machine Tool Simulation.
- Import DXF, IGES and STEP files.
- 2 axis parallel profiles.
- Corner radii can be set to: Cylindrical (Standard Conic). Conical (ISO) or by specifying the top and bottom radii (Programmable).
- Tapered profiles. The wire angle can be changed at any point on the profile, or be changed whilst moving between points or around arcs.
- 4 axis shapes, where you can define the top and bottom contours to be machined, the final shape may be altered by specifying synchronisation points or on a span-by-span basis.
- Create multiple passes for roughing and finishing with reverse direction, changesto generator setting and wire offsets (G41/G42)
- Create tag points before the end of the section to prevent the workpiece from falling.
- Create lead-in and lead-out moves – Normal, Arc and Parallel.
- Generate U and V in incremental or absolute dimensions.
- Built in RS232 communication package with full drip feed facility.
- Graphical verification, which can show if the maximum wire angle has been exceeded, or if taper cutting the wire “overcuts”.
- Specify operator instructions to be output at any point in the NC program such as tagging.
- Display the wire path in plan or isometric view points.
- Customizable post-processor or choose from the range of standards supplied which include: Agie. Charmilles. Fanuc. Sodick. Mitsubishi. Seibu. Ona. Japax.